March 2017 banner

March 2017 banner

Monday 25 June 2018

The Wow-Prop...

When changing to the Simonini engine I increased the pitch of my 66 inch Warp Drive prop but had the impression I didn't get the performance I expected. After long back and forth with a Spanish propeller maker I ordered a 2 blade custom built 72 inch wood prop. It looked soo good... and under winter conditions it worked well - not so in the less dense air of hot summer.
I have just received a swept blade (Scimitar) 72 inch prop from NR-prop in Ukraine (also known as "Kool prop" or "Luga prop" but I call it to "wow-prop"...) 

 My first impressions are very positive:
  • Very smooth
  • Low noise
  • 20+ km/h maximum speed
  • 700-1000 lower RPM at normal cruise speed
  • Unbeatable price
  • Good experience buying directly from Ukraine
Click to visit the NR-Prop
(My only relation to NR prop is as a happy customer)

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, super videos and lots of interesting information, especially regarding the Simonini. It makes me want to run out and buy an Avid (which I may just do). Please keep up the good work. BTW if you should ever fly NNE come and visit us at EDGP.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and comment are welcome in French, English and Swedish. Replies will however always be in English.