March 2017 banner

March 2017 banner

Monday 18 July 2011

More flights...

I have done some more flying, adding another 2.5 hours. For the last hour I added another 3° degree of pitch (i.e. total 7° more than with the 532). It made almost more difference than the first 4° degrees. I can now outrun my airspeed indicator at level flight (limited to 150 km/h - 93mph)!
With cool air just after the rain I still have a 6050 RPM maximum. Comfortable cruising speed 110-120 km/h around 4800RPM.
Takeoff is still very good so I will try another 1-2° pitch before doing serious fuel consumption estimations.

2 comments:

  1. Really good ! I added 2 degrees more to my one, it cruises below 5000 rpm and under with two lighter person. My airframe is really for stol performance so I am quite happy with 120km/h.
    You will also get to the point where you will think about in-flight adjustable prop.
    Unfortunately there are not so many affordable one. If you want to contact me direct write to peter.koszegi at yahoo dot com. I repainted mine, there will be video soon... I am fiddling with a HiMax with Trabant engine. Look at youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fred, On my flight today I recorded 4850 rpm, 12,7 l/h consumption 105 km/h cruising with 2 on board full load of apx 190 kg.
    I dont know pitch by degree but Kool 3 blade can only let engine rev now to 6070 max rev.
    5200 and 120 km/h cruising is doing 14-15 L /h
    so penalty is really there if you rev the engine over 5000 rpm.
    But hey ... who can do better than this ?
    Peter from Hungary

    ReplyDelete

Questions and comment are welcome in French, English and Swedish. Replies will however always be in English.