March 2017 banner

March 2017 banner

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Another flight another pitch...

I did fly a few days ago, not very long but with a slightly reduced pitch. I have the feeling I found the good compromise between power and speed. It felt right, the plane was lively and very responsive on throttle. Estimated consumption 14l/h but it was short flight.
I’m waiting for Simonini’s feedback on my EGT and CHT to see if the will recommend change of carburettor jets.
This coming weekend I have planned a longer trip to the south of France (4h30 each direction at least).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fred,
    Yesterday with almost full load at 110km/h nil wind, 1000 ft QNH 1012, no turbulance, outside temp 17 deg C, we recorded 11 liter /h sustainable consumption. The oil mix is about 1:45 and the 45 liter fuel contains 10 liter f 100 octane OMV petrol. Synthetic oil.
    CHT 90-100deg, EGT 580..590, RPM 4760. Prop is a Kiev 70 inch 3 blade prop. Max ground RPM is set to 5870.
    Peter from Hungary

    ReplyDelete

Questions and comment are welcome in French, English and Swedish. Replies will however always be in English.