March 2017 banner

March 2017 banner

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Long time no update...

I'm still here, and I'm still flying (but not as much as I would like to). I have added a few hours (33h total on the engine) and still no bad surprises.
I still believe that I don't get the maximum out of the engine with my current 3 blade Warp Drive. So before actually starting to search for a new prop I wanted to try one I got when buying the plane, knowing it would not work as it was intended for a 532/582. But just for peace of mind...
 As expected it didn't work, exceeding maximum RPM long before full throttle... But you must admit it looks great with a two blade wood prop on the Avid ! 

4 comments:

  1. Glenn,
    so far I'm very happy with my Victor 2. It obviously consumes more than in the advert (but don't they all)?
    In terms of power per kilo I guess Simonini is unbeatable. So far, after one year and 33 hours, I have had no issues.
    Personally I have no experience from the Victor 2 Plus (100hp) or Super (110 hp). With a plane built for a 582 I get all I need with the Standard Victor 2 at 92hp. I have some friends currently building a helicopter and they have a Victor 2 Plus (or Super, I can’t remember…). They have not started flying yet and the latest news was that they had difficulties starting the engine due to the high compression!
    What you really want to know only time can tell…
    Regards
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply Fred. Guess there's only one real way to find out how the engine goes in my project.........

      Take care,
      Glenn

      Delete
  2. Hi Fred, The most you will get out according to my experience is with Kiev prop. Slightly more than with a Lugo prop. I am still flying very OK, fuel consumption is the same, playing with 100 octane EGT goes down, so as CHT. And regarding our inverted engine problem, it seems that 1:60 mixture with semi-synthetic oil and closed throttle and full choke will start the engine within 15 sec, instead of pulling the plugs.
    Peter from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need types, let me know in my e-mail. koszegi at skylaboratories dot com.
    Peter from Hungary

    ReplyDelete

Questions and comment are welcome in French, English and Swedish. Replies will however always be in English.