March 2017 banner

March 2017 banner

Thursday 4 June 2015

DIY Wheel caps...

Not really the priority at the moment but fast and fun to do... As the wheel nut is extruding I could not do flat wheel caps and I was scratching my head how to do the required shape... The easy solution was heat-forming a sheet of polycarbonate... 
All it takes is a scrap piece of polycarbonte (from when doing the windscreen or windows), a heat gun, a right sized hole and a slightly bigger round object. Peel off the protective film from the "wheel side" and heat only that side. The rest you can guess...
I painted only the wheel side and this gave a nice glossy finish.

I'll be back soon with a more complete update...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and comment are welcome in French, English and Swedish. Replies will however always be in English.