March 2017 banner

March 2017 banner

Friday 17 June 2011

Roaring Italian tigress at 6550 RPM static

I was out at the field at lunch today. I installed the new Tiny Tach and had the engine running again. Started very easy again at first try.
Static I get 6550 RPM at full throttle. This leave room to optimize the prop setting but I should be able to fly without modifications.

I had decided not to take off today so when releasing the breaks at full power at the end of the field it required some concentration to actually stay on the ground. The acceleration is impressive.

To raise the tail at standstill and turn on rudder is not a problem. You can dose the power very precisely. While taxing around at various speeds for almost 30 minutes all indicators stayed in the green.

I will check CG and do a serious pre-flight check on all the new bolts but I cannot think of anything else between me and the first flight behind my Simonini Victor 2. 
According to the weather forecast this might be Sunday this week.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Since I believe that changing the engine has involved some tuning, I would really like to know the exact weight of the installation ( without engine mount but including every other needed accessory.
    Fabri

    ReplyDelete

Questions and comment are welcome in French, English and Swedish. Replies will however always be in English.